The identification process for sex workers is also a measurement of “fighting human trafficking”. We are working right now on advanced technical processes for “User-IDs”, means in the short future, we will request a government issued ID plus a selfie with the usual “written sign” in your hand (=KYC). At the same time, we still encourage pseudonymous accounts, aka the use of stage names in public. This means decriminalizing sex work, SESTA/FOSTA means criminalizing sex work.
We are doing this also for two other reasons:
- By “sorting” our users in different groups, we can make sure to give them the right exposure on the platform. Verified content creators are already marked as stars on Sharesome and can be discovered in a different section on the site and all profiles have a “verified badge” that differs them from regular accounts. Like on mainstream social media, where celebrities stand out from the crowd with their blue verified badge, on Sharesome sex workers stand out with their verified star badge.Vision 1: We imagine a future where NSFW content creators are the main influencers in global social network.
- Knowing what kind of users post content, we started to roll out a system that internally divides content into OC (original content) and fair-use content. Original content will have in the future more weight in the feed, it already is able to receive tips, and it will have discounts when being promoted. Fair-use content is up for content identification, means we are manually and technically crediting the original content creator for it. This might take years to play out, but it is part of Sharesome’s DNA from day 1.Vision 2: We imagine a future where NSFW content creators get credit for what they do.
With this approach we want to find solutions to the problem of how to deal with copyright issues in an environment where content is user generated. We believe the strategy has to go beyond a rightful dealing with copyright takedown notices. We believe that a platform like ours has to play a active role in identifying content and let copyright owners decide what happens when content matches a work they own.
But this is just a first step to answer all questions about content. The fact “who is in the content” doesn’t automatically answer the question of “who owns the content” and most important “where to buy the full content”. As we implement the Content-ID technology in steps, we will be able to answer these questions as well.
Sharesome is more than just a “Facebook for porn”, we are less a social media site and more a social discovery platform where it’s all about following your kinks, discovering content and therefore content creators. This makes us also different in our approach not to keep users in our app at all costs. We encourage our users to leave Sharesome by clicking on pay-site links and buy actually the content that is promoted on Sharesome somewhere else. With this we are working towards the most optimized customer acquisition funnel you can find in any industry.
Let’s compare the funnels between Instagram and Sharesome that are in place right now for NSFW content creators. Let’s assume the account is a work account and serves only the purpose of promoting the sales of NSFW clips on a pay site (ManyVids, Clips4Sale, …):
Instagram: The account is under your stage name and represents your brand. You can’t add links to your clipstore and you can only post SFW content. Your followers have to guess that you are selling NSFW clips, go to a search engine and type in your username. Now you have to hope that your pay-site did a good SEO job and that the search engines shows your profile there on the first page. In this customer acquisition funnel your conversion rate is quite low because you “lose” potential customers at every step of the way. Plus, your Instagram followers might not even be potential customers as they don’t know that they are following a NSFW content creator.
Sharesome: The account is under your stage name and represents your brand. You can add links to your clipstore and you can post NSFW content. Your followers know (by your verified star badge) that you are selling NSFW clips. Your followers will find a link to your pay-site under each of your post (even if you post a picture of your morning coffee), or they can click on a link leading to a specific clip, in case you post a trailer. With only one click they can buy your content. In this customer acquisition funnel your conversion rate is higher because you can convert potential customers into paying customers at any step of the way. Plus, all your followers on Sharesome are there because you are a NSFW content creator and therefore potential customers.
But there are still flaws in the customer acquisition funnel, right in the moment that a user has to open a new account on a third party pay-site and has to pull out his credit card to pay. Two obstacles that have to be passed. And obstacles always increase drop out rates. That’s we invented the “Login with Sharesome” and the “Flame Credit Wallet”.
We want to make sure that the very same user that just clicked on your pay-site link on Sharesome can use his Sharesome account to login into the pay-site and simply buy your content with Flame Credits that are already stored in his wallet. All obstacles are gone. This is a seamless purchasing experience for all parties involved: The customer, the pay-site and the NSFW content creator!
Vision 3: We imagine a future where NSFW content creators have access to a seamless e-commerce ecosystem, using Flame, a new global utility token that will make money work better for every player in the adult industry.
The “Login with Sharesome” feature is already built and can be implemented by any site through an API. The Flame Token ecosystem is still work in progress, like a lot of other things, but here is where we stand and what will come in future:
Flame is built as the native currency on Sharesome. It will be stored off-chain in your Sharesome wallet as Flame Credits or on-chain in your ERC-20 wallet as Flame Tokens. Flame Credits and Flame Tokens can be exchanged 1:1 in future at any time.
All transactions on Sharesome happen in Flame Credits, so when you send, spend, or save your money, you will be using Flame Credits.
Sharesome is designed to connect the adult industry all together. Flame is designed to be a utility token that works better for all players in the adult industry.
Vision 4: We imagine a new global utility token on a global social network that connects the adult industry. We think this is how money should be. You send money as easy as you send a message or a photo to pay for goods and services. Easy, seamless, fast, and cheap.
Flame is governed by the Flame Technologies AG in Switzerland. The Flame Technologies AG is a subsidiary of Sharesome. The Flame Technologies AG operates independently from Sharesome.
Flame Credit is build as a Medium-of-Exchange utility token on Sharesome with the utility being:
- Sending tips and paying for messages to verified goods and service providers.
- Buying advertising on Sharesome from Sharesome.
- Buying goods and services from verified third party websites, using the “Sharesome Login & Wallet”.
As more goods and services are sold on Sharesome, it creates a demand for Flame because customers need to pay for goods and services in Flame. Therefore they will have to convert their local currency (or other cryptocurrencies) into Flame by selling their own currency to buy Flame to make the payment. This will give Flame value.
Remember: It took Reddit 3 years from 2005 to 2008 to grow from zero to 10.000 topics, it took Sharesome less than a year. We already a higher transaction Flame (XFL) volume per day as Bitcoin Cash (BCH) or Monero (XMR). We are moving really fast, but we are not Facebook who can spit out a new cryptocurrency in two years, spending hundreds of millions of dollars on it. We are a bootstrapped startup with 20 people who build everything we build so far in one and a half years:
- 500.000 users after 1 year.
- Over 200 million post views in feeds.
- 1.9 million quarterly impressions on Google.
- 250 TB data served every month.
- Equal in traffic to Minds.com (who raised $6M). More traffic and users than MeWe.com (when they raised $5.2M).
- More than 10.000 topics opened by our community. (From 2008 to 2017, Reddit grew from 10.000 subreddits to over 1M.)
- Established R&D and operating offices in the European Union, with a crypto-compliant subsidiary in Switzerland (same with Libra from Facebook, but a year before them).
- The Flame Token (XFL) airdrop was by far the biggest airdrop in history with over 1 million signups.
- The Flame Token (XFL) Telegram group is among the largest globally, larger than Bitcoin, Verge, NEO, Stellar, Monero.
- Every day there are more Flame Token (XFL) transactions on Sharesome.com as Bitcoin Cash (BCH) transactions on the blockchain.
- The average Sharesome visitor spends 9 minutes on the site (2 minutes more than the average user spends on Instagram).
We invite users and NSFW content creators to join Sharesome.com now and help us to build the future. A future where:
- …nobody will block or limit accounts because the content is to sexy or the account owner is a NSFW content creator.
- …harassment of sex workers is impossible by design. (A “case” like Omnid can’t happen on Sharesome. We already blocked dozens of these “Omnid” guys on Sharesome.)
- …early adopters benefit from joining early by getting Flame Credits for free.
- …sex workers are the main influencers of a global network that is open and already used by diverse communities like the LGBTQ+ community, artists, writers, and all kind of people who want their kink flag fly free.
- …sex workers can build a brand and monetize this brand.
- …content is king and content creators are credited by design.
- …payments are easy, seamless, fast, and cheap.
Innovation has a 10 year cycle.
In 1997, people were sharing porn on Usenet groups.
In 2007, Pornhub launched.
In 2017, we released the first smart feed for NSFW content.
Climb aboard. We‘re going places.